Bacon Wrapped Dates with Kahlua Cream
This is one of our most popular items served on many of our party cruises. Happy to share the recipe, easy to prepare at home.
30 to 40 pitted dates
1 Lb. regular sliced bacon (not thick sliced)
1 cup heavy cream
2 to 3 shots of Kahlua
1. Cut whole lb. of bacon into thirds
2. Wrap each date in a 1/3 bacon slice and run a round toothpick
through the date to secure.
Place on a sheet pan and brown in 375degree oven, turning at least once.
3. When browned, remove and place on a serving platter.
4. Combine heavy cream and Kahlua and reduce by at least half
5. Pour over warm dates and serve.
6. Optional: for a spicier version, add a few dry red chillies to sauce.